WooCommerce review plugins are used by thousands of e-commerce sites and online merchants or sellers to operate their online stores. WooCommerce is an open-source platform that is easy to use with simple functions and numerous functionalities and applications, making it one of the best options whether you want to add an online store to your existing website or set up an entirely new e-commerce site. One of the most important aspects of any e-commerce site is having product reviews.
After all, positive reviews left by happy customers will increase the credibility of your products and make your sales pitch sound more believable and convincing. A huge number of sales from new customers can be attributed to positive reviews from existing customers.
Having said that, there are several things to consider when setting up a review system for your site, such as:
- How easy is it to for me to set up as well as manage the reviews?
- How easy is it for a customer to leave reviews?
- What details can customers add in the reviews?
If you can manage all these aspects effortlessly, not only will it reduce the burden on your part, but it will also provide a seamless experience for existing customers to leave a review and for new customers to view the reviews.
Initially, it may seem like a daunting task to configure all these aspects. But if you find the right WooCommerce review plugins, it becomes a lot easier than you think. And to make things even better, we’ve already compiled a list of 5 of the best WooCommerce review plugins in this post and we’ll explain their features in detail. So stick with us till the end and in a few minutes, you will have all the info you need to select the most appropriate review plugin for your e-commerce site.
Without further ado, here’s our list of the Top 5 WooCommerce Review Plugins in 2020.
If you want to have your product reviews displayed on any page other than the main product page itself, what options do you have? Normally, you’d have to copy and paste the reviews into the layout of other pages. For example, you may want the reviews displayed on a particular landing page, a special sales page, the home page of your website, as well as an affiliate marketing page.
So you have to handpick the best reviews, copy them and paste them onto these different pages one by one. What if you could make this process faster and smoother? SIP Reviews Shortcode for WooCommerce is the top WooCommerce review plugin designed especially for such occasions.
Here’s how this plugin works:
Once the plugin is installed, the first thing you have to do is note the WooCommerce product ID of the particular product whose reviews you want to publish on another page. Then head over to that page and click on the ‘Product Reviews’ button on top of the page. Fill in the product ID, enter a product title, and select the number of reviews you want to be displayed at a time. Then click on ‘Add ID’ and the shortcode will be generated for that page. Once you publish or update the page, viewers will be able to see the reviews when they visit the page.
As you can see, it hardly takes a few minutes to have your product reviews instantly published on any page that you want. And that’s not all! This plugin has many more features other than just letting you display reviews, such as:
- Quickly and directly changing product title or the number of reviews displayed from the shortcode itself.
- Ability to customize the reviews with different colors and designs so that they match the interface of the page where they are posted.
- Add and manage product schemas in any page.
- Extra features in the pro version – Multiple languages and aggregate reviews.
Packed with all these features, SIP reviews shortcode is a free WooCommerce review plugin. It also has a paid version and only costs $16 per year for a single site. Adding more sites costs $21/year for up to 5 sites, and just $26/year for unlimited sites.
The entire tutorial for using SIP reviews shortcode is explained on the official page so you won’t have to face any confusion. With this plugin in your hands, you can display and customize your product’s reviews on any web page or landing page in just a few easy steps.
WooCommerce Product Reviews Pro is a useful plugin that provides you lots of options and features to configure your website’s product reviews section. With this plugin, you can set up a review interface that allows customers to add a title, as well as photos and videos. Along with that, you can also add ‘qualifiers’ – standard questions that customers answer to provide better insights for the product.
Here’s everything that this plugin allows you to manage:
- A QnA section where customers can leave their queries, which can be answered by you or other customers.
- An extensive filtering and sorting menu for customers to skim through the reviews. The filters allow customers to selectively jump to specific reviews based on different criteria such as positive or negative reviews, reviews with photos and videos, reviews marked as helpful by other users, all questions, answered or unanswered questions, etc.
- Prompts for updating reviews, so that customers can easily update their existing reviews instead of leaving a new review every time they want to provide some extra feedback on the product.
- It provides customers with the option to log in to their social media account when leaving reviews.
- A wholesome interface on your dashboard that segregates product reviews and questions from other content such as blog comments. Such interface allows quick navigation to specific reviews on different products without mixing them up with other content. It becomes easier for you to manage and navigate through the reviews on your dashboard.
- A separate interface for customers where they can also view all the reviews and contributions that they have provided on different products. Customers also receive email notifications when a reply or an answer is added to their reviews and queries.
WooCommerce Product Reviews Pro has an annual subscription cost of $79 with complimentary updates and support. It also has a 30-day money-back policy if you’re not satisfied with the plugin. With this plugin, your product review section will have a professional set up and interface.
Next on the list of WooCommerce review plugins is another popular plugin – YITH WooCommerce Advanced Reviews. This plugin is also loaded with plenty of features that offer you a lot of customization options for the product review your section, both on your end and the customer’s end. If you can use all the features to their best potential, you will end up with a review section that is highly detailed and informative, easy to manage and allows users to leave reviews conveniently.
All features of the YITH WooCommerce Advanced Reviews are explained below.
- Allows customers to add a unique title as well as attach images to their reviews with just a few clicks.
- You can experiment with different color schemes to stylize the review section as per your desire so that it matches the theme of the website or webpage perfectly.
- Create custom graphs and histograms to appropriately display a summary of all reviews based on star ratings and the total number of reviews. Set up a ‘thumbs up’ or ‘thumbs down’ button which allows customers to make reviews as helpful or not helpful.
- Choose the number of reviews that you can display at a time. Reviews that exceed your chosen number will be hidden under the ‘Load more’ button. This setting can be applied not just to the main product page but to any other page where you choose to display the reviews.
- Add a reCaptcha verification to the reviews to ensure that they are submitted by genuine human customers and not by bots.
- Allow or restrict users to add replies to other reviews.
- Manual approval of reviews so that you have full control over publishing reviews. With this option, every review must be approved from your end before they are published. It allows you to prohibit irrelevant and inappropriate reviews from being displayed.
- Allow customers to mark reviews as inappropriate. You can view reviews that are reported or marked as inappropriate on your dashboard and take further actions accordingly.
- Highlight certain reviews as ‘featured reviews’ which will then be displayed with a unique style so that they are noticed distinctly.
- Filter and sort reviews with many different options. Include product ratings on search engine snippets.
With all these features, you also get a dedicated review dashboard to keep track of all review activities. The plugin can also be translated into different languages as per your convenience. YITH offers a free version (limited features) and a premium version with an annual subscription of $79.99 for 1 site, $199.99 for 6 sites, and $299.99 for 30 sites.
Ultimate Reviews is one of the decent WooCommerce review plugins that includes all the essential features and is relatively simple and easy to use. The main functionalities of this plugin are similar to the previous ones we have mentioned. It gives you the flexibility of customizing different menus, review submissions form, and the overall display according to your preference. Control how the reviews are showcased. Add simple and clear charts based on the total as well as individual star ratings, number of reviews, and different percentage systems.
Its key features include:
- Both you and your customers can filter as well as sort the reviews based on ratings.
- Allow customers to add images or video files along with the review text.
- Customers can mark reviews as inappropriate when applicable. Such reviews can then be further investigated on your end to take necessary actions.
- Set up a system so that only customers who make a verified purchase of the products can leave a review. By doing so, you can ensure that all reviews are relevant and genuine.
- Send reminders to customers to leave a review after purchasing a product, in case they haven’t submitted one. Also, it notifies customers about any information regarding their reviews if necessary.
- Set a minimum and maximum limit for customers to leave a review after making a purchase. Wide range of styles and layouts to display the reviews based on fonts, colors, etc.
- Add overall ratings of a product on search engine snippets. Allow customers to vote reviews as helpful or not helpful, as well as leave comments on existing reviews.
- Allow customers to search for reviews based on keywords.
- Only publish reviews after they have been approved from your end. Categorize reviews on your dashboard for easy navigation.
- Add ReCaptcha during the review submission process to avoid auto-generated reviews by bots.
Ultimate Reviews also offers a few shortcodes that you can add to different pages to display the reviews. Once again, this plugin offers a free version with limited features and a premium version with full access. You can try out the premium version for free for a 7-day trial period. It is enough time to check if it’s suitable for you before making a paid subscription.
The final plugin on our list for WooCommerce review plugins is Yotpo Social Reviews for WooCommerce. One of the useful aspects of this plugin is that it allows you to integrate the product reviews on your website to social media handles automatically. By doing so, you can increase the visibility of the product reviews and simultaneously draw more potential buyers. Here’s a rundown of all the features provided by Yotpo Social Reviews for WooCommerce:
- A simple yet effective way to manage all customer reviews, including the addition of images and videos by customers as well as an interactive question and answer section to clear any queries about the product.
- Display the product ratings on search engine snippets as well on Google ad banners.
- Multiple options to choose how and where you want the reviews to be displayed on your site.
- Choose between auto-publishing of reviews or monitored publishing where you can check and approve each review to decide which ones are displayed.
- Customizable widgets, drop-down menus, and tabs, both on your end and on the customers’.
- You have the option to leave comments and replies on the reviews either publicly or in private.
- Social media integration to display reviews on different social media handles. Thus drawing in more traffic from those platforms as well.
- Email upselling options where you can send an email to customers who have left positive reviews to check out more products of similar categories.
It helps you to manage customer reviews and also gives you a few extra functionalities for driving traffic and sales. Most of these features and readily available in Yotpo’s free version. They do have some features exclusive to their ‘Growth plan’ which costs $29 a month. It’s a bit costlier but the good thing is that the free version itself has a lot of options. Therefore, you won’t be missing out on much if you don’t get the growth plan.
So, these were the top 5 WooCommerce Review Plugins. You might have noticed that these plugins are quite similar in terms of features and main difference lies in pricing. Our top recommendation – SIP Reviews Shortcode for WooCommerce – is a bit different from the other four plugins.
SIP Reviews Shortcode for WooCommerce is different in the sense that it’s not only a review management plugin. Rather, what it does is add extra functionality to other plugins. Most plugins allow you to manage the reviews on your main product page but don’t offer you many options on transferring the reviews to different webpages of your choice.
So you will have to do it manually through copy-pasting. SIP Reviews Shortcode for WooCommerce is extremely useful in such cases. You can integrate it with other plugins like WooCommerce Product Reviews Pro, and publish your reviews on multiple pages quickly with a simple shortcode. Not to mention that its pricing is quite cheap and affordable about the features it provides.
All the other four plugins are designed to help you manage your product review section, i.e, how customers leave reviews, what info they can add, and how you can monitor and display those reviews. That is why we recommend you to install SIP Reviews Shortcode for WooCommerce. You can also combine it with any of the other four plugins from our list as per your choice. By doing so, you will have a complete product review setup for your e-commerce site. You can easily manage the reviews and also publish them on any other website quickly and hassle-free.